I have been a psychotherapist in private practice for more than 20 years. Also an esteemed faculty member at Florida Atlantic University. I employ a broad range of techniques and strategies when working with adults and children as well as couples and families. My approach integrates the blending of cutting edge science based methodologies along with contemplative mindfulness based modalities, as well as energy healing and bio-energetics. I am also certified in neuroscience wave technology in the treatment of insomnia, depression, anxiety and substance dependence disorders. In addition to my work with the general population and the most widely reported emotional and mental disorders, I have extensive experience working with the LGBTQ populations.
I am happily married, reside in Fort Lauderdale with two spoiled rescue dogs. One is an emotional support animal and works alongside me at my practice.
I am fluent in both English and Spanish.
- PhD Barry University
- MSW Florida International University
- Co-Director of The Healer Inside Psychology and Wellness Center
- Faculty member (18 yrs) Florida Atlantic University – I teach counseling, mindfulness and spirituality applied in clinical practice courses
- Advanced training in Ancient Wisdom Psychology Traditions including Buddhist psychology
- Expert in Mindfulness
- Executive Director -past CAMELOT Care Center Miami – Clinician of abused children and families
- Consultant to school systems throughout the United States
- Presenter at State and National Conferences
- Psychotherapist of SunServe collective in Fort Lauderdale
- Specialist in anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Specialist in gender issues -including trangender youth and transgender adults
- Nationally and internationally published in peer reviewed journals